Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekends...

I got a little bit done last weekend. But don't weekends go so quickly! Never enough time to do what you really want to do.

I bought some 'DAS' which is a kind of modelling clay. I'm going to see if I can make some of those big pot plant holders they have around Vietnamese stations and work depots. Also hope to try making some banana trees as well. DAS dries in the air so no need to 'cook' it to make it hard, and it is paintable. I'm told 'Warhammer' people use it to sculpt figures etc. Worth a try.

Not a lot of 'physical' modelling going on but a bit of planning. Two areas I'm concentrating on at the moment. The first is the level crossing and the second is the road bridge at one end of the module. I've worked out that while the roads are tar, most of the level crossings are constructed of concrete 'planks'. I've bought a special paint by "Faller" to represent concrete so should make it more realistic.

I also have some thoughts on paper as to what my military monument will look like.

Now to actually do some work!

No comments:

Post a Comment