Saturday, June 29, 2013

The End of the Beginning.......

Just a quick update on what's happening with my layout.

For those who came in late you should know that my Vietnam Railways layout in N Scale "Ga Hong Ha" recently suffered the indignity of being moved from the garage to another room. This means that currently it is still in pieces.

It looks like I will have to rebuild the centre section to fit into the smaller space. This changes the layout into 3 sections, the 2 ends and a new modified centre section. The layout then becomes a 'dogbone' style layout.

At the moment I'm designing the new centre section, as well as seeing how much I can salvage from the old sections. When there is something to see I'll post some pikkies. It now seems that there is a lot more work to the move to another room than I had originally planned but the rain outside is keeping me indoors so I have some motivation to 'get cracking'.

In the meantime here are a couple more photos from the Vietnamese modeller who I have featured before (I still don't know his name). 





I'm jealous! These are nicely built models. They appear to be in N Scale so that's two of us modelling in N. Not sure whether the models are 1:160 or 1:150 but very nice anyway.

This sort of modelling encourages us all to 'have a go' I think.

Until next time.....





No comments:

Post a Comment